Location: Home  Community Forums  Project MC  Project MC - Itemset 
Project MC - Itemset
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  1 Observer
Project MC - Itemset  

Welcome to the Itemset thread for PMC!

Link to PMC Central Hub: Click
Guidebook Download: Click
The link to the Itemset is in the Guidebook.
It is not on Itemexchange yet, but soon!

Information about the Itemset
The set offers over 6,000 unique blocks and items, encompassing nearly all relevant models from Minecraft. It's important to note that all blocks in the set have concrete physics. There is a dedicated folder for physics blocks—please refer to the information below for details.
The MC blocks are designed to be used in normal item mode and within the grid of platform blocks!

The entire item set is 119 MB in size.

How is it structured?
The Itemset has the following structure:

01. CreateYourOwnBlocks
This folder contains imported meshs and meshs, so you can edit, texture, or resize them in the mesh modeler.
If you want to import a mesh, place the default block, and edit it.
In mesh modeler, import the mesh, then delete the default block.
This way you can make sure it stays within the alignment of all blocks.

02. Planes
All of the different Planes. Overlays, X-Planes, #-Planes, and others.

03. Extras
Everything that is difficult to sort and not part of the main structure.
If you cant find something, it might be a good idea to look here.

04. WebM Textures
Blocks with video texture. Use at your own risk, very fps unfriendly because of the way Trackmania handles it.

05. Lights
All available Light sources. There is also a "nonlight" folder if you want to use the same models but without a light source.

06. Wood
Most wood related blocks

07. Dirt
Dirt, Grass, Gravel and so on

08. Stone
All kind of stones

09. Mobs
All Mobs. Most baby versions are missing, they might be added later. All mobs can be edited in mesh modeler and you can easily resize them or change them as you like. You can also add different poses in mesh modeler and so on.

10. Physics
This folder is very important. It contains blocks with different Physics where you can drive on.
It also contains invisible planes, that can prevent landing bugs in certain places. It is also mentioned in the Guidebook.

11. Moving Blocks
This folder contains all moving models that are available at the moment. It might be updated in the future.

How can I use the Itemset?
The guidebook explains the setup in detail. The blocks function best when used within the Trackmania grid. Here are a few tips for certain items:

Stairs
There are multiple stair versions, each facing a different direction. In Minecraft, textures automatically align correctly when you place the stairs. However, this doesn't happen in Trackmania.

To maintain texture alignment, use a block as a reference for orientation. When selecting the stairs, avoid rotating them and place them as they are. This ensures the textures remain aligned!

Free Item Mode
While most blocks can be placed in the normal item mode, a few require the free item mode. Make sure you remain aligned with the grid when using this mode. For example, use free item mode to place trapdoors or upper slabs.

You can rotate blocks by using the arrow keys on your keyboard.

Biome Blocks
In extras/Biome Blocks and in the Physics block folder you can find colored grass. It can be helpful if you want to use
an alternate texture mod!

How was the Itemset created?
At the beginning of the project, after spending considerable time on the Texture Mod, Andone developed a Blender script. I also created name lists for all the blocks on the Opaque 1+2 texture sheets, along with a few others.

This script enabled us to texture a large portion of the one-sided blocks, automatically renaming and exporting the items. We used this method for other items as well, such as the X-Planes, stairs, and slabs.

Following this, the manual texturing process became quite tedious. For instance, I manually textured around 1,000 items, and Andone likely handled a similar amount. While many models were available, we also had to create several from scratch.

Whenever new items were ready, I sorted them into the item set, which is now accessible to everyone. Both Andone and I dedicated a significant amount of time to this process, and it wouldn't have been possible without his script.

I also want to acknowledge Dartel, who assisted with texturing the mobs for the item set, and Branko, who created all the currently available moving blocks. Shoutouts to them!

Updates:
The Itemset will be updated soon and uploaded to IX.
Some item icons are currently corrupted, preventing the set from being uploaded to IX.

Planned changes:
- Petals should be non collidable
- Fire should be non collidable
- Endermen eyes are too low

If you notice anything else, please let me know!

Last edited by Everios96,
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply