Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Track conversion from TM2 
Track conversion from TM2
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  5 Observers
Track conversion from TM2  
I built quite a few tracks back in the day for in TMUF.

Is there a way to convert these tracks for TM2020?

I found a way to get the old .Challenge.Gbx files into the .Map.Gbx format by opening them in TM2. There I can compute shadows and re-validate the track. TM2020 However refuses to load either version of the files. Weirdly enough it does not display the maps in the 'Edit Map' menu, but all of them show up in the list of folder contents when saving a track.

I already noticed that the embedded XML-properties were changed regarding the fields 'author' and 'author-name' where they use some hash as author-identifier now.

Has anyone looked into this further?

I've been game modding for a very long time... I'll download some TM2 tracks and see if I can get it working. I like a challenge lol

I just looked at the TM2020 Track Editor in detail. Looks like a whole range of Stadium blocks does not exist anymore - water being just one obvious example. Simple road pieces behave differently as well.

Guess they really remade the core structure of the blocks. Including giving you the possibility to create your own custom blocks within the editor. That would make track conversion rather non-trivial, I guess. You'd have to replace certain blocks with other new blocks and/or remove others completely.

Well, unlike in tm2 they made a new environment collection for the new stadium, completely overhauled every block, so sadly the old tracks are not compatible anymore... I also made many tracks in TMUF, and sometimes come back to play them there

I just renamed and replaced the file on the flow inside the folder and than tried to load it with the TM2020 Editor .. but seems that the pack is missing

i tried to put the C:\ProgramData\ManiaPlanet\PacksCache and let TM2020 C:\ProgramData\Trackmania recognize it as Stadium2020 .. by renaming the files to StadiumMP4 .pack etc ...

Last edited by BestNoob,

only 4 hours to release of this though!

https://bigbang1112.eu/nc/
Blocks are our friends <3
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply