Location: Home  Community Forums  Monthly Track Contest  MTC July 2023 - Summer Fun 
MTC July 2023 - Summer Fun
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  4 Observers
MTC July 2023 - Summer Fun  

Welcome to the Monthly Track Contest (MTC) for July 2023!
The MTC is a track building contest hosted by TrackmaniaExchange which challenges you to build a map with a specific theme. Later, all the tracks are rated and a winner is found.
There are no prerequisites or qualification requirements to enter; just read the theme below, hop in your editor, and submit a track before the deadline! It's been a while since the last one, so let's keep things simple with this month's theme:

:build: Theme: Summer Fun
  • Build a map that represents summer, whatever that means to you!
  • There are no specific restrictions, so go nuts!
  • Consider adding your inspiration to the author comments on your TMX page for context. Not all of us will have the same summer experiences!

:wait: General Rules
  • One entry is allowed per user. Multi-author maps count as the single entry for all authors involved
  • "MTC" must be present in the track name as it appears on TMX. Example: "mtc | Ouch! That's a sunburn!" or "Beached (MTC)"
  • All entries must be built using the latest version of the game
  • All entries must be built specifically for this MTC
  • Blockmixing, Offgrid mapping, and Embedded Items are allowed
  • Texture mods are allowed
  • Royal tracks are not allowed

If you have any questions or would like to contest a rule, feel free to ask!

(brb) Submitting and Deadline
  • Submit your course to the MTC mappack before the deadline below
  • Submissions may be freely updated within the submission period
  • The earliest deadline for submissions is the end of August 16th. Submissions will continue to be accepted until I officially announce closure in this thread, which will likely occur the following EST morning
  • Everyone will have 24 hours after submissions close to make any last minute edits to their submissions
  • After this, you may not make any more updates until after the results are published

:award: Prizes
  • Honour and the right to brag! (Jozii used to say that. I wasn't around then, but maybe some of you still remember him? :p)
  • The winning track will be featured on the TrackmaniaExchange front page!

:done: Judging
  • For judging, we will be using a public voting system
  • A server will be opened that anyone can play the MTC maps on
  • We will use the online karma system for voting
  • More details on this will be provided in this thread as we get closer to the voting period

Good luck! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread or in Discord! Now then, get to building!

Last edited by Arkive86,
MTC Host

MTC is back 🥳 🥳
Thanks for the results for November and December btw!!

Just a heads up, we're changing the voting system that'll be used! Eyebo's recommended to me a system he's used for the TM2 MTCs where we'll be setting up a server with the MTC maps, and anyone who wants to can hop on the server, play the maps, and vote using the online karma system. This should make voting both faster and more enjoyable! More details will be provided as we get closer to the voting period.
MTC Host

Just a friendly reminder that this is your last day to submit your MTC entry! Tomorrow, I'll make a post officially closing submissions. At that point, you'll still have 24 hours to make any changes to your submission, but new submissions won't be accepted. After that, I'll be setting up a server to play and vote on the maps. I'm hoping to have that ready sometime over the weekend, so stay tuned!
MTC Host

Submissions are officially closed! All participants have 24 hours from this post to make any last minute edits to their maps. In a few days, voting will begin.
MTC Host
Voting is Open!  
The voting period has begun! If you want to try out the maps and help determine the winner, now's your chance! Here's how it works:
  • Go to the "MTC" room found in the TM Exchange club
  • When you're on a map, send one of these vote messages into chat to vote:
    • -- = 1 point (bad)
    • - = 2 points
    • +- = 3 points
    • + = 4 points
    • ++ = 5 points (good)
  • If you need to change your vote on a map, just send your new vote in chat. Only the most recent vote on each map is recorded
  • The map with the highest average rating wins!
  • Everyone can vote! If you made a map, your vote on your own map won't be counted
  • You must finish a map to vote on it
  • You must vote on at least half of the maps for your votes to count
  • Maps you didn't vote on will receive the average of your votes for the other maps
  • If you liked a map, please leave it an award
  • If you have any feedback, please leave a comment on the map's page
  • The jukebox and voting are enabled, so feel free to request, extend, and skip maps
The voting period will last for one week, after which I will tally all the votes and our final results will be posted!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Otherwise, start driving and get voting!
MTC Host

Was too busy to finish my map for this month but I love the idea of crowdsourcing the voting system, will definitely take a look at the submissions ! Good job to everyone that participated !

Results!  

Skiing right over the water and into first, it's Mayonnaisius! :gold:

Robar409 takes a dip in the pool as well as second place! :silver:

In third place we have Emaciel, who's opted to take a nap on the sunset soaked beach! :bronze:

Congratulations to our winners!

Here's the link to the full results sheet.

Thanks to all participants this month for joining in the contest, even if it was halfway split between months. Also, thanks to everyone who voted on the maps! It's good to see that the new voting system's working well.

Once again, thanks to everyone who gave this MTC a go! It's been a while since last I hosted any MTCs, so I'm glad there's still interest even with the long hiatus since the last one. Here's to more MTCs in the future!

While there's only about a week left, there's still time to make a map for the August MTC, and if that's not enough time then hopefully you'll stay tuned for September! Or maybe you'd rather drive than build; we're currently going back and getting results for MTCs that don't have any, so help us find a winner for the March 2022 MTC by voting the same way as we voted for this MTC! There'll be more MTCs to vote on after that as well. Thanks again, and see you next time!
MTC Host
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply