Location: Home  Community Forums  Feedback  [SUGGESTION] User TAG voting (and additional tags) 
[SUGGESTION] User TAG voting (and additional tags)
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  2 Observers
[SUGGESTION] User TAG voting (and additional tags)  
In the time of RMC/RMS/RMT map tags are becoming more important than ever. But often, mappers use the tags wrong. Either they don't know any better, the description on tmx is different from what the average player associates with this tag (e.g. Puzzle, Obstacle), or simply intentionally (e.g. they want their kacky maps to show up in RMC/RMS/RMT so they tag it as 'LOL').

Manually going over all maps is obviously too time consuming - and so is manually reporting one map to a mod as you encounter it.

So the feature:
Let users up-/downvote maptags.

The obvious question that arises is, which tags to show. I would suggest the following:
- The mappers tag weighs 10 votes (mainly for the initial phase after upload)
- >=50% upvoted tags (obviously, this value has to be adjusted if needed)

Positive sideeffects:
- If new tags come out, they don't need to be added by the mapper (especially since some mappers have over 1k maps).
- The tag usage reflects the average players understanding of the tag.

Risks:
- No one uses that feature
--> I think for RMC/RMS/RMT it would certainly be used, especially if a streamer encounters a Kacky map
- The feature is misused (intentionally or unintentionally)
--> Unintentional misuse should not be a problem, since most players should understand e.g. a '+' or '-' next to the tag and the ones who don't understand it shouldn't make a difference with a proposed cutoff of 50%.
--> Intentional misuse can be reported to the mods.

PS:
Maybe 'Hard AT' and 'Broken' tags could also be interesting in this context.
Also, a substantial amount of maps are alt campaigns now, and a lot of them are not tagged as 'Remake', so maybe it's time for an 'ALT Campaign' tag. I think most people associate 'Remake' with something that is more effort.

Thanks for the feedback. I've re-shared your post with the TMX devs.
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply