Location: Home  Community Forums  Feedback  [BUG] "Execution Timeout Expired" followed up by "This repla... 
[BUG] "Execution Timeout Expired" followed up by "This replay already exists" error during Offline Replay Upload
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  2 Observers
[BUG] "Execution Timeout Expired" followed up by "This replay already exists" error during Offline Replay Upload  
(I originally posted this in the "Help" category a week ago but have since realized it's more applicable for this category)

TL;DR: Here is a list of maps that I've tried uploading offline replays for but have encountered errors. The first error that occurs is either "Execution Timeout Expired" or "Your best time does not qualify for submission". Trying to upload any of my replays associated with these maps following the initial upload failure always results in "This replay already exists" appearing.

• I AM A TECH GOD 20
  • Fall 2022 - 01
  • Winter 2023 - 01
  • Avondale's Winter 2023 - 01
  • Avondale's Winter 2023 - 02
  • Avondale's Winter 2023 - 03

The errors can occur regardless of how the replay is uploaded (e.g. when trying to upload a replay on the page of the map or when using the dedicated "Upload Replay" page). Anecdotally, it seems to happen less often in the dedicated "Upload Replay" page but I don't know for sure.

Based on my experiences, there is no way to know if a replay will fail to upload until you've realized that it is taking a much longer duration of time to process the request, in which the "Execution Timeout Expired" error is likely to appear soon after. I've tried cancelling the upload prior to the error happening but it either doesn't work in time or the replay is briefly displayed on the "Offline Replays" section of the Map but disappears upon refreshing the page.

Additionally, the "Your best time does not qualify for submission." message appeared when initially trying to upload a replay for Winter 2023 Map 04 despite having a fast enough time to be within the Top 25 Offline Replays (as far as I'm aware, when the maximum of 25 Offline Replays has been reached on a map, trying to upload offline replays that have times slower than #25 prevents you from uploading the replay). It has since allowed me to upload the replay but I thought I'd mention it anyway just in case it's useful to know.

---

More context for what happened:

I just signed up to the Trackmania Exchange today (*January 14th, 2023) and wanted to upload some of the replays I've saved within the past few weeks. The first replay I uploaded for this map worked as intended.

However, when trying to upload replays for another map, I was presented with the error in this first screenshot:

(No results appear for this on the forum when searching for "Execution Timeout Expired")

I then tried to resubmit the replay but it very quickly said that "This replay already exists.":

After encountering those errors, I also tried submitting my replays through the dedicated "Upload Replay" page instead of directly on the page of the map but I was met with the same results.

I also attempted to upload the following:

• Older replays with slower times
  • Brand new replays with better times than what I had initially tried to upload

But it still prevented me from uploading any more replay files.

---

According to the stats on my profile, it says that I've submitted 2 replays:

However, upon going to the list of replays, it only displays one (the only one that was successfully uploaded)

---

I tried searching on the forum to see if anyone has encountered the same issue or found a solution and the only one I've found was this post but according to their follow-up replies, it seems that the issue hasn't resolved for them yet.

If there's anything else you'd like me to share, please let me know!
    Last edited by Emancyphur,

The error "Execution Timeout Expired" means it's definetly on our side. Thanks for your detailed report.

I made some tweaks that might have helped with that error. Please report back if that happens again.
    Developer

Ozon says:
    The error "Execution Timeout Expired" means it's definetly on our side. Thanks for your detailed report.

I made some tweaks that might have helped with that error. Please report back if that happens again.

Hey Ozon,

Thanks for looking into the issue. To test if the error would happen again, I tried uploading a replay for Winter 2023 - 02 (a map that I had not previously tried to upload a replay for on TMX) via the "Upload Replay" page and encountered the same error.

I then tried to reupload the same replay and was presented with "This replay already exists", despite the replay not appearing in the "Offline Replays" section on the page of the map, which is the same behavior I observed throughout the past week when trying to upload replays for the maps that are linked in the original post of this thread.

As far as the "This replay already exists" error is concerned, is there anything I'd be able to do about that once the "Execution Timeout Expired" error has been resolved, or would I remain restricted from being able to upload Offline Replays for those maps?

---

If you would like me to provide replay files or any other relevant information on my end that could be useful for resolving the issue, please let me know (and I can send that to you through a personal message if that would be preferred).

Thanks!
    Last edited by Emancyphur,

Ozon says:

Hey Ozon,

I have another update regarding the Replay Uploading Errors. I believe that eyebo went through the unlinked replays I referenced in my original post and removed them so that it would allow me to upload replays for those maps again. Here's what I found:

Replays for these two maps were uploaded quickly and are correctly being displayed on the Offline Leaderboard for each map:
    Winter 2023 - 01
    Fall 2022 - 01

However, upon trying to upload replays for the following maps, it never went through to the page that says "Success" when a replay would normally be uploaded as intended, resulting in the "Execution Timeout Expired" error again, in the same way as described in the main post:
  • I AM A TECH GOD 20
  • Avondale's Winter 2023 - 01

I noticed something interesting when trying to upload replays for
    and

Because it was taking a long time, I tried to cancel the upload before it reached the "Execution Timeout Expired" error so that I might be able to have another chance at uploading replays for those maps. Upon doing so, it would take me back to the Home page of Trackmania Exchange after 10-20 seconds and then the replay would temporarily appear on the Offline Leaderboards before disappearing again:

Map Leaderboard Example1 (2:36 PM)

Map Leaderboard Example2 (2:37 PM) - After refreshing the page

Global Leaderboard Example1 (2:37 PM)

Global Leaderboard Example2 (2:50 PM) - After refreshing the page

Unfortunately, once the replays disappeared from the leaderboards, it no longer allowed me to upload replays for those maps, resulting in the "This replay already exists" error occurring again.

Not sure if this would help in pinpointing any other possible reasons for the errors occurring but I hope that it'll be useful to know.

- Emancyphur

Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply