Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Map editor - change "skin"/add custom image to CP/start 
Map editor - change "skin"/add custom image to CP/start
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Map editor - change "skin"/add custom image to CP/start  
I want to edit the checkpoints skin with the skinning tool. But i have no freaking idea what i am doing.
After selecting the block i want to skin i am asked to put a URL.
So.. i did that but i can´t get it to work. So if someone could explain this function i would be ever so greatful.

But som questions:

• Are there sizelimits to the imagefile
  • What filetype is accepted (.dds?!)
  • Put a .dds file in the skins/any/ folder but with specific name like "Ads_***.dds"... If so what is the nameconventions?!
Last edited by breach,

usually u can use png, dds and even webm files, just upload them to a webhost which alows direct download, and put the url in the editors input .

sample:
moving images for your track.
(copy link and paste into editor)

edit: to add permanent images to each CP and start / finish , u need to do this in your dedicated server possibilites.
(ingame for Nadeo hosted server, maplist for dedicated server)

Last edited by u.B.m,

Thanks uBm!

It does not seem to work for me. Reason for me asking is that i downloaded a MX signpackage and installed it. And now i can´t get rid of the MX icon on the start/finish/CP blocks..

I simply can´t change the skins.

Anyone have an idea what might be wrong.. I have even uninstalled TM2020 and reinstalled it. Are there any hidden install locations somewhere?!

This is a clean install of the game

https://imgur.com/a/gVQyvSK

EDIT:

There seems to be some setting changed in the configfolder /documents/trackmania2020/config that had changed... I removed that and made a clea install yet again, and now i have the origianl skin on hte start/cp blocks again.

Strange tho.
Last edited by breach,

If you are a member of the TMX club and have it as your "active" club then you get the TMX logos at places like the start instead of the original.

Have you tried going into another club and then seeing if it changes?
Blocks are our friends <3

oh... Thanks Tuta. That makes sense.

I got rid of it by uninstalling the config folder. I did´nt have the patience to go through the .json config. That solved it.

But the club thing makes sense. I´ll fiddle around with it.
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply