Location: Home  Community Forums  Map Requests  Penroz Cup need YOUR maps ! - "Minimalist" competitive ZrT... 
Penroz Cup need YOUR maps ! - "Minimalist" competitive ZrT style
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  2 Observers
Penroz Cup need YOUR maps ! - "Minimalist" competitive ZrT style  

Hello players and mappers !
The map request for the Penroz Cup is now officially open !

But what is the Penroz Cup ?
It's an event hosted by myself which will mostly be played as Knockout mode and Cup mode for the finals. 128 players maximum will be fighting in a total of 9 maps to try to win a solid cashprize. The event will last for about a month. A rulebook is beeing made and more infos are coming really soon but it's a serious and pretty big project.

Here are the requirements for your maps:

• 1st Deadline: 15 January 2021 (if not enough maps I will move it a bit later.)
  • No already released maps! All submision must be new and unkown to the public !
  • Style: Thats where things get twisty, it hasn't a defined style but is has to have some ZRT part mixed with a more competitive and clean path. It can be similar to the "WILD STYLE" titlepack from @CiremyxX on TM2. Mostly concrete with some dirt/grass/ice part but don't build a 100% dirt map for example :)
  • Length: around 1minutes as a good time.
  • Difficulty: All maps must be driveable for everybody and easily but due to the ZRT elements factors, it can get a bit messy and it's all good. Players will have around 1 month to train the map which then means you can make maps a bit harder. It should have a great flow globally.
  • Respawnability: All CP must be possible to double-respawn. Please, don't use ring checkpoint.
  • Scenery: All maps must be around the green/yellow scenery in majority. Avoid large number of Sakuras as it can drop FPS quite heavily. A global stadium vibe is much appreciated, don't go into a crazy castle for example ahah, simple is better.
  • "Identity": All the point of this competition is about having one or 2 very risky cut(s)/jump(s) that can get you a really big advantage (between 2-5sec gained) per map. It can have some stupid flips, jumptree or any other creative things but it mustn't rely only on luck.
  • Naming: Please name your map following this format: Penroz - YourMapName
  • Custom items and more: All custom items are allowed and are encouraged, same for mediatracker.
  • Mod: Please use this mod once your map is finsihed as it's the one we will use: http://maniacdn.net/bananophile/Black-TM3.zip
    Click CTRL while going to edit a map and put the URL where it is asked, it will then work for everybody even online ! You dont have to download anything !
  • Signs: Keep in mind we have some signs done, feel free to put some empty signs allowing us to put the designs in the future ! :)
  • Finish: An easy finish and a hard finish would be much appreciated !
    Good luck to everybody and thanks for the one that gonna take the time to send a map !

Thanks again !

SEND YOUR MAPS HERE: https://trackmania.exchange/mappack/view/278/penroze-cup

Secret tip for the one reading everything: The more fun to drive your map is, the more chance it has to get into the final pack. The Spheriz Cup #5 are an amazing example of what we would love to get ! :)

Last edited by Banano_TV,

What do you mean by "ZRT"? I tried to google it, but without success.

shadowtempst says:
    What do you mean by "ZRT"? I tried to google it, but without success.

Hello !

ZRT is a style that is created by the famous streamer Zerator. He host yearly a Trackmania cup with a famous style that people started calling ZRT. It’s mostly lot of obstacles to avoid at certain spot. Im really open in term of style as this « style » hasnt really been defined.

What you must remember:
    -part of the map with many poles/obstacles or trees to avoid for example.
    - 1 or 2 massive cuts/jump in the map but they are really risky and pretty damn hard !
    - a risky finish and a safe one would be appreciated
    - around 1 min

Im pretty open so feel free to map something that fit what you love. Feel free to check on youtube the maps of the « Spheriz Cup #5 » they have pretty much what im looking for :d

Wonderful, thank you for the clarification ;)

Ehy, hello.
    Are there any news concerning the contest? I noticed that my map hasn't been downloaded yet :(
    Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply