Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  how do i make good tracks 
how do i make good tracks
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  4 Observers
how do i make good tracks  
my tracks only get 2 stars on map review and i cant make any good deco i want to make tracks that people will like but i just can't do it :'( :'(

Avoid hard maps and long ones (for a 3 min on the server its better 35 - 45). Try to calculate your jumps for the high speed players, and dont make speed checks jumps (jump that u pass only when u have the good speed). Try to be inspired (for the deco) by the tracks of others, using items etc... AND dont think your maps are shit if they have bad notation, some people are not really nice with map that dont fit the styles they like.

Honestly, regarding both scenery and track route. Try to just imitate what you see in other tracks. It might not always feel like entirely your creation but I think you will get a feel for building nice sections that way and soon you will find your own style with both route and scenery.

For example try combining sections from different tracks into one, perhaps looking to see if you can improve the sections in some way? Make it smoother, easier etc.. Should be a good excercise for building :d

I started out basically trying to replicate tmjonas snow style even though I was nowhere near his building skills, but what came out helped me to become a better builder and to find my own style!
Last edited by Tuta,
Blocks are our friends <3

I would agree about being inspired by other people's maps. You can definitely learn a lot by looking at how others use block combinations in their maps.

But don't take whole sections of someone else's map unless you ask permission and give credit.
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply