Location: Home  Community Forums  Community Projects  Idea: Climate fundraiser tournament 
Idea: Climate fundraiser tournament
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  3 Observers
Idea: Climate fundraiser tournament  
Hello,

Idea
I have an idea for some kind of fundraiser to bring more awareness to the topic of climate change. As you might know (or not) the earth is not in the best condition right now. We are on the verge of seriously endangering our future's living contitions for upcoming generations if we don't act very soon. A good place to start is the documentary by David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet (it's on netflix).

I would like to host a tm competition to raise awareness to climate change, and have streamers involved where viewers can donate to the fundraiser which we would donate a fitting charity, something similar to Games Done Quick. I have talked with Ozon and he sugggested to post it here so tmx could help in some type of way with organising and setting up the tournament.

The tournament
Maps - The idea is to have players drive on grass/dirt competition maps with cool scenery that are rich in trees, plants etc. Obviously not overkill since this would hinder performance. I can setup and manage a mapper team and help with scenery. My idea would be longer maps which are around 2-3 mins. I feel like 3 or 4 maps would be enough.

Format - I am not sure on the format yet. I don't have experience hosting live tournaments (except for hosting the tmx knockout a long time ago). I think what could work pretty well, is something similar to 4styles cup where players first drove in time attack and the top 16 players with the best time continued to the knockout stage which was played in rounds mode.
For this comp, players earn points over all the maps, and the top 16 continues to a knockout stage. (a knockout mode is very exciting to watch imo) Or we could do a format in tournament mode where players earn points based on their position in rounds mode. What do you guys think? Also would we need a qualifier of some sorts? I could defenitely use some help and feedback.

Prizes - Preferably we would have cash prizes for the top players. I wouldn't mind investing 50 euros for this, maybe some other people would like to help as well (or maybe nadeo?). Obviously the donations for the fundraiser would be more important than a large cash prize though, and streamer would help promoting the fundraisers during the event.

Conclusion
I would love to host and help organise this event, but I cannot do it alone. I don't have any experience setting up and managing a (tournament) server, promoting events or reaching out to charity organisations. If you have any type of feedback or suggestions regarding anything related to this tournament please post here. If you have questions or would like to help me directly, you can reach out to me on discord! Hopefully I can put together a team to make this tourney happen. :heart:

Cheers,

Basbaas
Get the bread

Great idea! I would love to help out any way I can (preferably with mapping, but also otherwise).

An idea could be to make it pay to play, with a small percentage of the proceeds being the prize money, and majority rest be donated to the chosen charity.
Designer

Yeah, would love to have you on the mapping team!

Also love the idea of pay to play. It could be a small amount with a minimum of 5 euros or something. A small percentage of donations could go to the prizepool as well, I think donators wouldn't mind that. We could have streamers read out messages of donations similar to Games Done Quick.
Get the bread

I have been busy with lots things regarding this tournament! But I am still looking for someone who can help with a server, and also server admins. I could also need some map testers. If you would like to help & contribute in any type of way, please message me and I will send the discord link. :d
Get the bread

I dont know if I have any of those particular skills you need but I would be happy to help where I can.

Awesome man! Any type of help would be appreciated. Just shoot me a message on discord and I'll send you the link of the channel: basbaas (333ak)#1768

You can take a look at the to-do list under #info.
Get the bread
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply