Location: Home  Community Forums  Monthly Track Contest  MTC October 2021 - Simple Editor 
MTC October 2021 - Simple Editor
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  17 Observers
MTC October 2021 - Simple Editor  

Banner by   Keissla.wp

Welcome to the MTC (Monthly Track Contest) for October 2021!
The MTC is a track building contest hosted by TrackmaniaExchange which challenges you to build a map to a specific theme.
There are no prerequisites or qualification requirements to enter, just continue reading the theme below, hop into your editor, and submit a track before the deadline!

:build: Theme: Simple Editor
- Build your track entirely using the Simple Editor.

(brb) Deadline: Entries must be submitted to the MTC mappack before the 24/10
- Following the deadline, the Host will close the mappack for submissions. At that point, all maps in the mappack are considered valid entries.

:award: Prize
- Honor and right to brag!
- The winning track will be featured on the TrackmaniaExchange front page!

:wait: Rules
- One entry is allowed per user. Multi-author maps count as the single entry for all authors involved.
- “MTC” must be present in the track name as it appears on TMX.
- All entries must be built using the latest version of the game.
- All entries must be built specifically for this MTC.
- Features not supported in Simple Editor are not allowed.
- Royal tracks are not allowed.

:done: Judging System
All entries will be graded by a panel of judges who will be studying each map based on the following criteria:

Theme (20 pts): How well does the track fit the theme? How creatively did you implement the theme’s requirements?
Design/Route (10 pts): Flow, smoothness, layout, speed, surface diversity, transitions, difficulty. The “Feel” of the track.
Details/Polish (10 pts): Scenery, etc. Does the track feel like it has the finishing touches?
Fun Factor (10 pts): Is the track fun to the judge? Some extra points can be given here.

Good luck! Please ask any questions in this thread, otherwise get to building!

Small addition to this forum post, please notice that there is two simple editor and they have some differences. The pad simple editor and the keyboard one. The two are allowed and there are some things you can do in one and not in the other

Are we allowed to use the advanced editor, but only use the blocks which are available in the simple editor?
Would be really helpful due to some missing Quality of Life options in the simple editor, like test mode and copy paste mode.

As i replyied to keissla in discord; to kinda put everyone in the same step (the free versions, the standard and the club) i think its better to don't allow any advance editor use.

can you use the advanced editor for scenery
Last edited by Little_F0x,
milkypossum (mtc)  

I hope this map makes you mald as much as me working in simple editor! (:

Am I really that blind, but when you try to edit the map you started, you can't go back into the simple editor? Defaults to advanced again. Or am I just doing it wrong?

Little_F0x says:
can you use the advanced editor for scenery

Just read the message before yours ^^. Response is no

For scenery if you launch your map with the pad simple editor the map will have a default scenery

MTC - Simple and Basic  

Hope you enjoy this little transitional as much as I did

Your sins have no absolution.
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply