Location: Home  Community Forums  Monthly Track Contest  MTC August 2020 - Look Mum, No Hands! 
MTC August 2020 - Look Mum, No Hands!
Page: 3 of 4
Post Reply  16 Observers

Yeyy thanks :d :d

Blocks are our friends <3
Submissions closed  
Submissions are officially closed! Thank you everyone for 11 submissions coming with this tricky theme.

What's next?
The maps will be judged and assigned scores! That can take a while, as we want to make sure to drive every submitted map for long enough to give them a good score and adequate feedback.

Who judges the maps? 1) A dedicated panel of judges and 2) the public.

The judging panel consists of several players that have a longstanding history of playing and building maps in Trackmania - their expertise allows them to give every participant feedback on their maps and assign objective scores to the submissions. But also the public should have their say, which is why I will open the public judging period soon. Then, I will also explain in more detail how public judging works. It would be great to see many of you then cast your votes.

I am still looking for some additional full judges. So if you think you have the experience to be part of this months judging panel and make your vote count more, send me a message!

Finally got the time to fix the locator (hope I understood the 24h last-minute rule right ^^), map updated: "Gravity (mtc)"
Last edited by Ville,

yes, all good :)

Any news here? ^^

I think the judges did not finish judging yet. ;)
Sky usually posts the results as soon as possible.

Gilli says:
I think the judges did not finish judging yet. ;)
Sky usually posts the results as soon as possible.

Yeah, I'm mainly just wondering when the public judging period starts

I am not sure about the value of the public judging period, to be honest. For September I decided to not include it anymore.

Sky says:
I am not sure about the value of the public judging period, to be honest. For September I decided to not include it anymore.

It allows us to judge each other and see what our peers think of our tracks. Also, it encourages us to play each other's tracks. I thought that was the whole point of this contest, to highlight mapmakers and showcase our skills.

The results are in and we know our winner for the month of August :)

I would like to thank the four judges for this month:   eFFecT,   seb,   Gilli and   sláys.wp for their judging. They took their time to play your maps and came to an overall judgment that sees a tight Top 3, as well as a tight midfield!

THE RESULTS

The second Monthly Track Contest of TrackMania sees a winner who is most known for his ShootMania skills - it is   Ville, who by the way has the user id 5 on TMX. With 162 out of 200 points, he was able to convince the judges across the board that he built a map worthy of winning this month's contest. Congratulations :) :award:

1. Place "Gravity (mtc) by   Ville - 162/200
2. Place "Very Bad MTC Stunt Park by   Gananax - 155/200
3. Place "MTC - Tricky by   Madpie - 152/200

Here are the placements:

You can find the full feedback of the judges in the results:

Full Results:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m2l6VnfkPueJZwNrNgyXiKC-CE9n57kYTe1TA8JWW8g/edit?usp=sharing/

See you for the next competition!

Page: 3 of 4 Post Reply